The New York City Bar Association & Pilsudski Institute Invite to an English-Language Lecture
Pilsudski Institute of America, New York I
Polish-American and Polish Organizations
May 25, 2023
The New York City Bar Association and the Pilsudski Institute, invite to an English-language lecture entitled: "History is the teacher of life. The American-Polish Alliance: The Past and Its Lessons for Central and Eastern Europe Today." June 12th, (Monday) at 6:00pm-7:30pm.
Ambassador Krzysztof Szczerski, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Poland to the United Nations in New York, and Iwona Korga, Ph.D., President of the Pilsudski Institute who will cover the story of Marian Cooper, the American pilot who fought in the Polish-Bolshevik War; America's support in the fight for Polish independence during 1919-1921; the establishment and history of the Pilsudski Institute.
Ambassador Krzysztof Szczerski will discuss the lessons learned from that history, and draw implications for the politics in Central and Eastern Europe since Russia's aggression against Ukraine.
Following the presentation will be an opportunity for Q & A.
- New York City Bar Association
42 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Free for Members and Non-Lawyers | $15 Non-Member Attorneys
- Registration required: To attend please call Customer Relations of The New York City Bar Association at 212-382-6663 to register.
- Diane Fener, Co-Chair, Senior Lawyers Committee
- Senior Lawyers, Diane Fener and Gertrude Pfaffenbach, Co-Chairs
- Rule of Law Task Force, Marcy Kahn, Chair
- European Affairs, Jonathan Halpern, Chair
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Christopher Amore, Chair
- United Nations, Catherine van Kampen, Dr. Sophia Murashkovsky, Ervin Nina, Co-Chairs
- Council on International Affairs, Mark A. Meyer, Chair
- Middle Eastern & North African Affairs, Hon. Elizabeth S. Stong and Robert Eli Michael, Co-Chairs
SPONSORED ARTICLEFor the most up-to-date information, please contact the company directly.
The photos contained in the article serve only as an illustration of the article.