Polonia of Long Island, Inc. - 2022 Scholarship Application
Polonia of Long Island, Inc. I
Polish-American and Polish Organizations
January 23, 2023
Applications must be postmarked on or before February 24, 2023. Scholarships awarded to undergraduate students of Polish descent.
All applicants must:
- Be of a Polish descent.
- Have own or family membership of Polonia of Long Island, Inc.
- Students who have been awarded two Polonia of Long Island, Inc. scholarships may not apply.
The following need to be included in your application:
- Completed application: Download Application Here >>>
- 3-5 page typewritten, double-spaced, original essay in English on one of the following topics:
- Your Polish hero during World War II. Explain your choice.
- What was the full justification for Nobel Prize in Literaturę 1996 given by Swedish Academy to Wislawa Szymborska. How her poetry inspire now young generation of writers, poets, philosophers, others.
- Trough production, transport, consumption and waste we are poisoning the earth. We must change this if we want to prevent future ecological catastrophes. In your words describe humanity’s impact on the environment and it’s conservation. What can we do to reduce ecological catastrophes that endanger us as a result of the various environmental challenges we face, such as the global climate crisis?
(Do NOT put your name or any identifying information on any page of the essay.)
- Provide oﬃcial transcripts from all colleges attended (copies will not be accepted) with a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- List and describe any extracurricular activities and other current interests. Use an additional sheet of paper if needed.
- Enclose two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. At least one of them must be on an institution letterhead from a faculty member attesting to your academic qualities. One can be from an individual of your choice who has known you for at least two years.
- Please explain any special circumstances you wish to bring to the attention of the Scholarship Committee on a separate sheet of paper.
- Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope to receive conﬁrmation of your application by mail.
Please forward your complete application to:
POLONIA OF LONG ISLAND, INC.
314 GREAT NECK ROAD
COPIAGUE, NY 11726
Applications must be postmarked on or before February 24, 2023